Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2. Whose Line /Is/ It, Anyway?



Today was interesting. Lots of improv, which is pretty fun if you're good at it. I'm not particularly fantastic, as I found out, but I'm happy I learned about it. I also learned that people can be pretty funny under pressure. You also shouldn't think that you're funny or intentionally go for the funny nor jump into a scene without really thinking out what you're going to do.


I felt like I was thinking too much about what I wanted to do and ended up messing up. For example, when I stepped up to "Kill the Baby" (imaginary, of course), I kinda just bounced around the imaginary space because I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do because I wanted to be clever and funny. At least I created the Susan thing.


Another thing: slot machines look alot like stamp vending machines when mimed out by Jason. It looked kinda like he was in a post office in Vegas. "Big money, no whammies...oh, no stamps. Why do I mail things here?" I may use that. It's also fun to get murdered by your husband via poison onstage. Ian is quite clever. Kudos for making me look humorous. And it sucks not to have legs or to be short, Alan.


So today was really fun and I can't wait for tomorrow. I also hope that Ian (Finley, I mean)'s feeling better, so hopefully, we'll all see you tomorrow! :D


As for the song above, this song puts me in a mood and it's just sounds like it needs to have a storyline go with it. If I ever end up a director or some sort of writer of some sort, then I will most definitely use this for something.


Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow! :D
-Sierra.

5 comments:

  1. and I totally agree that this song would set the mood well - perhaps after a series of tense scenes. (Perhaps it would play whilst characters reflect on their messy lives right after all the secrets and twists are revealed. But of course, after that section would be the climax/turning point where everything gets better! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was personally thinking someone who has just gotten out of a relationship and who has kinda withdrawn from social relationships because of whatever reasons the other relationship ended - commitment, maybe the other person hurt them, what have you - and he/she just can't get out of the mindset that they caused all of it or something along those lines. I don't know how you would express that in a music video, but then SHAZAM new guy/girl. Probably like during the bridge or something. I tend to create alternate music videos for songs I love. <3

      Delete
  2. I wasn't there for you guys' improv but I hope you had fun! It's when you stop trying that improv comes to you. You just have to remeber to relax and just go with the flow. Do what you feel like doing or saying. This advice is probably unhelpful. I'm a little wary of improv as well. Nice shoutout to Ian btw! Maybe if we give him enough cyberlove he will reappear in Burning Coal by Shakespeare magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just listened to your song. I like it.

    ReplyDelete