Thursday, July 12, 2012

4. Lowercase J-Walking



Hey guys :D Today was mainly Shakespearean stuff, which was surprisingly more interesting than my previous conceptions had planned for. Honestly, I thought when Ian sat us all down, it was going to be the same old thing that all my English teachers talked to me about when they talk about Shakespeare. "He's so great," yada yada yada, "was the best playwright ever," blah blah  blah, etc., etc. And not to say that he isn't one of the best playwrights or that he isn't that great, but to hear it over and over again, it gets kinda boring.


But I learned stuff I didn't know about Shakespeare and how he talked and it was just way interesting. I've never really dug that deep into Shakespeare. I mean, I've seen a few of his plays, but probably what made his words make a whole lot more sense was when Ian was explaining that Shakespeare is talking in Modern English, but he's writing in poems. Everything is so passionate and the words are crazy because the way the words sound and mean are important, and with that, you can "score" his words. That was  really helpful, by the way. Punctuation walking was really fun :)


The blocking is coming along. Being the Friday cast, it was interesting to see what it all looks like. I hopefully will do the best that I can to follow Jason's "broad strokes" towards what he wants the Ariels to do. I also hope I don't mess up my solo xP But seriously, everyone, watching what we have so far is really cool. Like, I went and saw "The Tempest" recently and I'm more entertained by watching you guys do it than people that were paid to put it on, so pat yourselves on the back.


Oh my gosh, these are really big paragraphs. Sorry about that. Anyway, tomorrow will be the end of the first week and it's bogus because I really want more time than three weeks to do amazing things with all of you guys. It's just really fun doing everything we've done, going to Krispie Kreme, spending time with everyone, and I am having the time of my life. 


So yeah :3 Ian, I'm happy you're alright. Thought the black market thieves were coming back for more for a second there, but plot twist: you're in one piece. By the way, everyone should check out the song the Ariels are singing. I personally prefer the rock-out version of it, but the acoustic version is alright. 


Okay, because I did my last post off of my iTouch, I didn't attach a song, so I'm sorry. To fix this ailment, I have a song on the top as well as on the bottom. The one on the top is "In the Mood" by Glen Miller and it's pretty good. You've probably heard it somewhere before. I think I've heard it in Fallout 3, but thankfully, my music teacher brought my attention to the awesomeness of Glen Miller jams.


On the bottom is a bit from Dana Carvey's stand-up from '96 or '97 or something. It was the late '90s; he was on SNL. Things were different. Either way, it makes me crack up every time, so enjoy that after you read this. 


I guess I'll see you all tomorrow!
-Sierra.



2 comments:

  1. CHOPPING BROCOLI! I love that sketch! I also love the crazy church lady. I think it must be mandatory for people to take a class where they must watch all of the classic SNL sketches.

    ReplyDelete