Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day Almost Opening Night: I Love You Guys

Wow, so many things come to mind as I make this day-before-opening-night post.

Firstly: In my junior high years we too had our traditions. On opening night our...assistant director, Dylan (who everyone loved beyond belief) would have us all stand in a circle in widest the hallway, take three random people to put in the middle, had us all hold hands and we did what he called "The Pulse". Each member of the circle would make a "zzzzz" sound while we went around in a circle squeezing each other's hands with our eyes close. As they did this, the three people in the middle would  talk. I had the privilege to talk in the middle my very last show there. It was..emotional. People didn't cry, but everyone looks very serious after it.  Anyways, after the three speakers finished, Dylan would count down from 3 to 1 and at 1, everyone had to shout "ZAP" with all their might. Our actual director hated that we did this, but it was a very symbolic thing to us cast members. Dylan is now studying in L.A. I believe.

I know we won't do that on our show nights, but I just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Secondly: Alright, time for me to get sentimental about our time together.

These three weeks have flown by quicker than any other I've experienced before. I have grown rather attached to all of you and could not have asked for a better cast for my first show in North Carolina. I hope to be in many more shows with all of you guys, if possible. If not, you guys must come with me whenever I trek to N.Y.C for my adult years as I hope to do. Wouldn't that be a great adventure? Anyways, really, each day you've all..surprised my with your amazing acting skills and your willingness to learn and just how friendly you each are. Honestly, cliche as it is, this has been one of the best life experiences of mine, and I will definitely be investing the next few summers of my life at Burning Coal's STC.

Thirdly: If I don't get hugs from you all tomorrow at one point or another, by this hand, I will supplant some of your teeth!

I'm sure I'll post again tomorrow night and the day after, but for now, I'll leave you with some muzack.

-A solem song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGhAjYLXKqw

-A song that is somewhat similar to this summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlnMveRt-Y

-A song I listened to on Bevan's ipod today:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH9E-rWzjXE

-A song that I'd sing to you guys if I knew all the words: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGBLiGFaddo

Aaaand...

-A song that makes me think of our very own Steven Tyler, Daniel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TCty9f1U1o

Sleep well tonight, guys! You all will need your rest for tomorrow!

Hugs and butterfly kisses,

-Your Emily Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment