Tuesday, July 10, 2012

COSPLAY IN SHAKESPEARE?!

Hey guys! First off, I'd like to say that Black Butler is a fantastic series and Grell is my MAN! *cough cough* mia... *cough cough* Second, improv was AWESOME today! I loved working with all of you and killing babies... Ren, did that baby smoothie taste good? :D I really got a new appreciation for improv today, and actually it surprised me when we pulled off saying two patterns at once in a group of... Well, a lot. XD I'm not good with numbers.. Thirdly, I have been asked to help design some cosplay elements into the costumes, so I'll be asking y'all some very random, awkward questions these next few days. Also if anyone can sew, let me know!!! Some ideas Jason and I have come up with are turning caliban into a Turtwig (I will do this through the magic of cosplay!) and basing the Ariel's off of water benders from Avatar:the last air bender (BECAUSE KORRA SUCKS!) I also want to make Sebastian actually BE Sebastian... But that's just my Kiroshitsuji hormones kicking in...^~^ I have a lot of experience making costumes and sewing and I love to go all out. Three questions, tho to get me some stuff to get started. 1) Ariels! Are all of you okay with wearing a ballet leotard? There will be a skirt attached to it, but I want to make sure all of you are comfortable with that.. 2) Jason! Can we have a Shinigami?! PLEASEEEEEE?! I'm talkin making Prospera Rem or something like that. XD PLEASEEEEEEE 3) Calibans! You guys are about the same size, so I only need to make one turtle shell, but if you guys can work it out and one of you could get a light green t-shirt that'd be fantastic! 4) Again for Arials.. I found an amazing picture that I want to do for the eyes of the Arials, but it requires Falsies. Are all of you able to buy falsies? Let me know!!! I'm so exciteddddddd!! Sugoii minasan desu! (Everyone is awesome!) -Tay

11 comments:

  1. I don't really have a leotard? I'm not against wearing one; I just wouldn't know where to get one. I'm also pretty bad with contacts :P Another thing, you don't want to make Caliban look like one of the Teenage Ninja Turtles. What's your idea on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much like a ninja turtle...I was more attracted to the tree growing out of his head since he is more of the island than anyone else. Ariel to me is the water and Caliban to me is the land.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I see. How would you do the tree thing? It sounds pretty cool :3

      Delete
  2. :) I think we should leave the cosplay for the spiritual characters...Prospera should probably stay realistically womanly looking. Although there is the scene where one of the Ariels turns into a Harpy. Do you know the Hagravens from Morrowind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I'll get right on that I know exactly how that will work

    And I will find leotards

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really cool! Also, I can sew pretty excellently, so if you need me, I'm your gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, Taylor, I'm not a manga person, but I caught your shinigami reference there! I read the Death Notes (that is, until I got wayyyyyyyyyyy too confused to continue). Also, I don't have a leotard, maybe can get one, and what kind of falsies are we talking about? Perhaps is there a reliable brand you know of so we can all know what exactly will work best? (I'm not to experienced in the falsies dept.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to decide what we're doing with our eyes first but I just use cheap ones. And yes, Shinigami are AWESOME

      Delete
  6. I think I could rock false eyelashes. Yeah, I could definately rock false eyelashes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry did you just say Legend of Korra sucks?

    ReplyDelete