Monday, July 9, 2012

Day One

'Sup guys,

So I feel like I should retroactively introduce myself, since I failed to do that before STC began. For reference, I'm the guy with the long hair.

I'm eighteen. I just graduated Raleigh Charter, and I'm heading to Kenyon College in the fall to (probably) study English and Film. I have a passionate interest in just about everything, including but not limited to books, movies, all manner of pretentious things, theater, comics, art of any sort and pretty much anything else.

Apparently we're discussing the movie thing, so I would say that everyone should go see Moonrise Kingdom. Seriously, it's fantastic. And Jasmine, if you're interested in cinematography, you should definitely see it, because Wes Anderson has the absolute weirdest cinematography of pretty much any director ever, and it still works beautifully. 

Today's work was largely businessy stuff, but as far as stuff to cement, we worked on the idea that muscle memory is often better than normal memorization for theater work, which makes a lot of sense to me.

And as long as we're talking about dubstep, this will always be my favorite:

3 comments:

  1. I am loving this dub!! Normally it's not my thing, but this sounds cool..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm with you on that one, Emilie Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten reccomendations about Moonrise Kingdom from literally EVERYONE. Thank you! I'll be letting you know when I watch it. Hint: After this movie has been seen by me, I will probably be freaking out over it. (PS. Nice dubstep. Never heard anything like that before)

    ReplyDelete