Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day Two: Poor Dead Babies

Well, I still can't figure out a good way to tell my mother I killed a baby today... I felt bad for all the babies who were sadistically stabbed, kicked, thrown, eaten or otherwise.

Collectively, today was pretty interesting. Normally, Improv isn't usually my cup of tea, but I gotta say, I enjoyed myself today. I like what I learned and watching everyone with their crazily improvised scenes. I can't get "Where are the keys?"-"My pocket, I'm leaving you." out of my head, and laugh through pretty much all my looking back on today. Susan's still also on my mind.. :P

I actually have a friend who takes fancy classes for Improv at Second City in Chicago, and I'm sure she learns a lot, but I feel like I learned a lot today too.

I'm glad too that I kinda feel more chill about today. I may've still forgotten some names, but having most of you on Facebook will definitely help preserve my memory. Getting to know you all is really fun to me!

Thats pretty much all for now, but I'll seeya guys tomorrow!

Also, for those who were curious about the "Scottish Play", I found the Wikipedia article..it's pretty interesting actually http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scottish_Play

Ban ban Caliban ban to you all!

-Emily Rose


Alsooooo, I've never been a fan of the song "We Are Young" by Fun., but I really do love this one..anybody else? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQOgXaxXpwk

3 comments:

  1. TONI-IIII-IIAGHHHHHT.
    WE ARE YOUUUUNNNNNNNNGGG
    SO WE'LL SET THE WORLD ON FIY-YAAAARE
    WE CAN BURN BRIGHT-EAAAA
    THAN THE SUUUUUUUUUUU-UH-UH-UH-UN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this!! I will be an avid follower if you keep posting music recs. I'm a bit obsessed with new music. Anyway, I checked out your link and I really love this song. I can't beleive I haven't heard of it before. If you don't already know it, you should check out "Everybody Talks," by FUN. Love that song, too. Thanks for the wiki article. And yay, a comparison to Second City. I totally agree with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may also want to check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstition as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete